Pensacola Model Railroad Club
Minutes of the Business Meeting
of May 3, 2011
I. The business meeting was called to order at 6:38 PM by President Ron Hartman.
Members attending: President Ron Hartman, Vice-president Steve Grenot, Treasurer Bill Little, Secretary Reed Ostrander, Members: Chip Borona, Banks Edwards, Bob Murphy, Jackie Nelson, Art Sherman; Visitor: .
1. The next run session will be held on May 17, 2011 at 6:00PM at Bill’s.
2. The next clubhouse work session will be held on May 21, 2011 at 11:00AM.
3. The next meeting will be held at 6:30PM at Trains by Johnson’s on June 7, 2011.
B. Minutes of the previous meeting of April 5, 2011 were read by Secretary Reed Ostrander.
1. Steve moved acceptance and was seconded by Banks.
a. The minutes were accepted as written.
C. The treasurer’s report was presented by Bill Little.
1. As of this date there is $275.73 in the treasury.
2. Still are two memberships outstanding.
a. Reed moved acceptance and was seconded by Steve.
b. The report was accepted as presented.
D. Old Business
1. Reed discussed the Shalimar - Uptown Station show as layout master.
a. He noted that the 2 day set up time was filled with work because the time was available. Did do many routine repairs as well as the set up.
b. Most of the running went very well except at the end on Sunday and a couple of transitory power glitches on Saturday.
1) A number of Anderson plugs were found to have contacts pulled back inside the plug housing and therefore not making contact with the attaching plug. This may have resulted from plugs being pulled apart by the attached wires (Don’t do that!) or not properly installed initially. Be sure the contact “clicks” into place when pushing (seating) it into the housing. Replace the contact if it will not seat properly. Poor seating can result from improper crimping.
2) Banks will make up properly aligned plug sets so red-black and yellow-white pairs can be properly joined. Some plugs were not correctly aligned.
c. Steve as coordinator and Reed thank all the Shalimar show workers for their efforts and a very good show.
2. Ron noted that the work at the clubhouse went well and the new 3/4 in plywood floor has been laid cross wise to the old floor. It does need some additional screws which Steve said he will take care of.
a. The cost was about $276.25 for all the materials.
3. Reed moved that we have another work session to rebuild the door framing and
hang a door. Could also put up insulation on hand. Also can install additional air conditioner. Seconded by Steve
a. The motion passed. See time of work session in part A.
a. Next need will be ceiling vapor barrier, insulation and plasterboard. Lighting should also go in with the ceiling work.
E. New Business
1. There was no new business.
F. The meeting was adjourned at 7:30PM
Respectfully Submitted by D. Reed Ostrander
PMRC HO Division