Pensacola Model Railroad Club

HO Division

 

Minutes of the Business Meeting

of March 4, 2014

 

The business meeting was called to order at 6:32 PM by President Reed Ostrander.

Officers attending: Secretary Chip Borona

Members: Banks Edwards, Jerry DuPont, Kerry Sullivan, Rick Simmons, Sean O’Brian

There were no visitors in attendance.

 

I. The Minutes of the previous meeting of February 4th, were read by Secretary Chip Borona

  A. Sean moved acceptance and was seconded by Jerry.

    1. The minutes were accepted as written

 

II. The Treasurer’s report was presented via letter by Bill Little

  A. As of this date there is $1758.61 in the treasury.

   1. Banks moved acceptance and was seconded by Jerry.

     a) The Treasurers report was accepted

  B. Banks presented the audit report of the financial records of the PMRC HO division dated February 22, 2014.

    1. Total income was $1,991.71

    2. Total expenditures was $1,775.56

    3. Net income was $211.15

    4. A positive difference was found of $24.78 which could not be accounted for.

      a) Jerry moved acceptance and was seconded by Terry

      b) The audit report was accepted

 

III. Announcements

  A. The next business meeting will be held at 6:30PM at Trains by Johnson on Tuesday April 1st

  B. The next run session will be at 6:00PM at Bill’s on Monday March 10, 2014

  C. The next work session will be at 2PM at Building 648 NAS on March 8th

    1. Plan to work on electrical checks and pack the trailer for the Foley Train Show

 

IV. Old Business

  A. Final arrangements foe the upcoming Foley Train Show on March 22nd & 23rd was discussed.

    1. Reed presented a full layout for the show, 20’ (5mods) wide x 24’ (6 mods) long.

      a) See Addendum for layout [Note: Addendum not presented - Showroom space far to small, used an "on-the-fly" layout.]

    2. Sean, Jerry or Terry would be available for transporting the trailer

    3. Partial set-up and run of the layout at NAS was also discussed

  B. Roundhouse Module status.

    1. Chip presented a one piece 4’ x 8’ module

    2. Suggested method of construction would be a “waffle pattern” with folding legs.

    3. Estimated costs would be $116 plus a one time purchase of a sheet of 5-ply birch plywood of $45 for a total of $156

      a) The Birch plywood would be used for end plates and then be made available for future module construction.

    4. See Addendum for details

    5. Chip also will propose a Roundhouse Module of two 6’ lengths using slab door construction.

  C. The PMRC N-scale Division proposal for a Fall Train Show

    1. Jack Rawls present his proposal to the membership.

      a) The Pensacola Train Show would be back at the Hadji Shrine Temple the weekend of November 21-22, 2014.

      b) HO Division is invited to share in ˝ of the profit or loss.

      c) At the last show, the N-scale Club lost $100 because a vendor had a heart attack and could not attend, so was reimbursed, otherwise would have broken even.

      d) A $250 investment is needed ASAP to reserve the Hadji.

      e) Membership involvement during the show would be 3 people working the front of the house and 2 people working the back of the house

      f) Jack went into specific details about advertisement, getting sponsors, vendor table costs ($90 for 3 tables) and expected attendance (300-500 people).

    2. Chip made a motion to join our Sister PMRC N-scale Division as a co-event organizer.

      a) Reed seconded and after a discussion by the club, the motion was carried.

  D. Reed presented a suggested layout and costs associated for a “Milwaukee” passenger terminal and train shed

    1. Size would be two 30” x 6’ modules

    2. Total costs of materials for both modules is estimated at $759

    3. See Addendum for layout and details.

  E. Status of signaling one module

    1. Associated cost for two 3-light signals was $40

  F. Club shirts

    1. Reed will order shirts and have them monogrammed by Wednesday March 5th 2014

    2. Jerry & Kerry to receive new shirts

    3. Sean and Chip to provide their own shirts to be monogrammed.

 

V. New Business

  A. Pensacola Para Con contacted us just prior to the meeting and invited us and Trains by Johnson to participate.

    1. This is a Convention for Fans of Science Fiction, Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Comics, Cosplay, Gaming, Crafts, Collecting, and Model Construction to name a few.

    2. The convention will offer celebrity meet and greets, discussion panels, workshops, screenings, demonstrations, events, gaming tournaments and competitions.

    3. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Making Strides with Breast Cancer, Arc Gateway, EscaRosa Coalition on the Homeless and various local charities.

    4. The dates are August 9 and 10, 2014 at the Pensacola Interstate Fair.

    5. On the web at www.pensacolaparacon.com

  B. Reed to investigate participating in the Tallahassee show in June.

    1. 23rd Annual Tallahassee Model Railroad Show & Sale

                  Saturday, June 28, 2014

                  9 am to 4 pm

                 North Florida Fairgrounds

  2. POC: John Sullenberger

                Telephone: (850) 544-1870

                email at: sullyjws@aol.com.

                Use email subject title:

                BBMRA: Request for show information

                Mail correspondence to:

               Model RR Show & Sale

               PO Box 3392

               Tallahassee, FL 32315-3392

  C. Setting up the Club layout in Bld. 643 at NAS between shows for run sessions was discussed.

    1. Primary drawback is the rats & mice voracious appetite for our modules, especially is Reed tasty mining operation

    2. Effective rodent and pest controls are needed before Bldg. 643 is a viable location for the club to keep all modules set-up and running.

  D. Bill’s suggestion for a flyer to always be on display and at the front counter at TBJ and placed in customer’s bag was proposed by Chip.

    1. The motion was seconded by Banks and approved by the Club.

  E. Chip will be having a memorial service at Point Baptist Church for the passing of his father on March 15th 2014.

    1. Viewing at 10:30 am, service at 11am with a reception following the service

 

VI. The meeting was adjourned at 8:12 PM

 

Respectfully Submitted by

Stephen “Chip” Borona

Secretary PMRC HO Division

Home        Minutes