Pensacola Model Railroad Club
Minutes of the Business Meeting
of July 3, 2012
I. The business meeting was called to order at 6:6:30 PM by President Chip Borona.
Members attending: President Chip Borona, Vice-president Steve Grenot, Treasurer Bill Little, Secretary Reed Ostrander, Members: Tim Beers, Banks Edwards, Joe Garcia, Bob Murphy, Jackie Nelson, Art Sherman, and Richard Simmons.
1. The next run session will be on at 6:00 PM at Steve Grenot's on July 17th. A second run session will be held on July 31st at Bill Little's at 6:00 PM.
2. There will be work session at Bill‘s on July 21st at 9:00 AM. Modules will be inspected further for needed repairs and loaded into the trailer when completed. Please try to attend to give a hand in loading.
3. The next meeting will be held at 6:30PM at Trains by Johnson's on August 7, 2012.
B. Minutes of the previous meeting of June 5, 2012 were read by Secretary Reed Ostrander. The minutes were prepared by Chip.
1. Art moved acceptance and was seconded by Banks.
a. The minutes were accepted as corrected (see below).
1) In item A. Change ‘April' to ‘May'.
C. The treasurer's report was presented by Bill Little.
1. As of this date there is $1709.03 in the treasury.
a. Reed moved acceptance and was seconded by Banks.
b. The report was accepted as presented.
D. Old Business
1. Chip presented a report of the work session of June 16, 2012.
a. Modules needing repair were identified.
b. Banks has tree box tree holders ready to install.
c. Grain elevator was repaired.
d. Reed fixed some rail ends and the bridge.
2. The need to make modules lighter was discussed.
3. The roundhouse sub-committee submitted a report suggesting a possible layout of the roundhouse modules.
a. After discussion Reed moved acceptance of the report with the proviso that the track plan be refined to best utilize the space available.
1) The motion was seconded by Art and was passed.
4. Use of interior doors as a module base was discussed. Bob Murphy will weigh a typical hollow core door of 7 ft x 30 in and report back to the Club.
5. Continuance of DC power units was revisited. There is only one functional DC controller (yellow line) at the present time.
a. The merits of DCC vs DC control were discussed. It does not appear that the DC radio control units can be repaired. It was suggested that all members learn to use DCC.
E. New Business
1. Banks will produce a 2 ft power extension cord for the bridge.
2. The Dothan show will be on September 15th and 16th. Set up will be Friday September 14th at 12:00PM. Hours are Sat. 9:00 Am to 5:00PM, Sun. 10:00 AM to 4:00PM. Take down will be at 4:00PM Sunday.
3. The Flomaton one day show will be on Saturday September 29, 9:00AM to 4:00PM with set up on Friday the 28th at 12:00 PM. Take down will be on Saturday At 4:00 PM.
5. The Interstate Fair will be October 18th to 28th. Set up will start on Sunday the 14th. Weekdays will run 4:00PM to 10:00PM and weekends 10:00AM to 10:00PM.
F. The meeting was adjourned at 8:23 PM.
Respectfully Submitted by D. Reed Ostrander
PMRC HO Division
21 July informal meeting