Pensacola Model Railroad Club
Minutes of the business meeting
of Feb. 3, 2009
I. The business meeting was called to order at 6:38 PM by President Ron Hartman
Members attending: President Ron Hartman, Vice-president Steve Grenot, Treasurer Dennis McDermott, Secretary Reed Ostrander, Members Chip Borona,
Banks Edwards, Bill Little, Bob Murphy, Jackie Nelson, Charles Tucker.
1. The next run meeting will be held on Steve's layout at his mother-in-law's home.
a. See Steve for travel directions.
B. Minutes of the previous meeting of Jan. 13, 2009 were read and accepted as written.
C. Treasurer's report
1. As of this date there is $1329.81 in the treasury.
2. There is still an outstanding check for $300.00 for the '08 - '09 insurance.
a. Charles moved acceptance, seconded by Banks, report accepted as presented.
3. The deadline for paying the special rate of $100.00 for the annual dues is Feb. 28, '09. The regular dues are $10.00 per month.
D. Old Business
1. Dennis reported that he has no information on Club shirts as yet.
2. Ron discussed the clubhouse closure. He will arrange for finishing the following work:
a. Marie would like a switch on the outdoor light.
b. Remove the tarp , caulk the nail holes and put a coating of polymer on the roof over the "train" room.
E. New Business
1. A motion to attend the April 25 and 26, 2009 train show in the Uptown Station shopping center on Eglin Road in Fort Walton Beach was made by Reed.
The show will be sponsored by the Shalimer HO Model Railroad Club.
a. Seconded by Bob.
b. After discussion the motion carried.
c. We will be setting up on Friday Apr. 24 in the afternoon.
1) Agreeing to attend were Ron, Reed, Bob M., Jackie, Charles (Saturday and Sunday), Banks (Sunday only).
d. Reed will be the coordinator.
e. A 20 ft x 24 ft layout was agreed upon. It will include the bridge and fiddle yard.
2. Three possible layouts for the Fairhope show were presented by Steve.
a. After discussion the first plan with the fiddle yard was selected.
b. Agreeing to attend were Steve (coordinator), Ron, Reed, Bob M., Bill (Friday and Saturday), Charles (Saturday and Sunday), Banks (Sunday).
c. We will be setting up at the Fairhope elementary school at 4:00 PM on Friday, Mar. 20, 100 South Church Street. Saturday hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM,
Sunday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Take down will be at 4:00 PM Sunday.
F. The meeting was adjourned at 7:29 PM.
Respectfully Submitted by D. Reed Ostrander
PMRC HO Division