Pensacola Model Railroad Club

HO Division

Minutes of the Business Meeting

of April 4, 2017 

The business meeting was called to order at 6:19 PM by President Reed Ostrander.

 

Officers attending were President Reed Ostrander, Secretary Chip Borona and Treasurer Bill Little. Members attending were Jerry Dupont, Banks Edwards, Andrew Keiderling, Sean O’Brien, Rick Simmons and Charles Tucker

 

I. Reading of the Minutes

  A. The minutes of last month’s meeting were read by Chip.

    1.      Banks made a motion to accept the minutes, Charles seconded and the minutes were approved by the membership.

 

II. Treasurer’s Report

  A.     The Treasurer’s report was read to the club by Bill reporting that the current balance has remained the same as last month at $1,905.58.

    1.      Banks made a motion to accept the minutes, Charles seconded and the report was approved by the membership.

 

III. Announcements

  A.     The next Business Meeting will be held at 6:30 pm at Bill’s Train Shed on Tuesday May 2nd 2017. Members can run trains before and after the meeting.

  B.     The 1st Run Session will be held at 6:00pm at Bill’s Train Shed on April 18th 2017.

  C.     The 2nd Run Session will be held at 6:00pm at Bill’s Train Shed on April 25th 2017.

At the monthly business meeting and run sessions Bill provides hot dogs & hamburgers with all the trimmings. You can also bring your own food to grill, a cover dish or desert. There will be drinks or BYOB. Members can arrive at 5:30 pm to grill and eat dinner. Please park and use the gate on the side street. Disabled members can use the gate at the front of the house.

All members are encouraged to RSVP so Bill can anticipate the headcount.

 

  D.     The next Work Sessions will be on Saturday, April 8th, April 15th and April 22nd at 11:00 am at Bill’s Train Shed. We will be working on the roundhouse module, focusing on

    1.      Finish wiring.

     2.      Diesel house approach rebuild.

    3.      Scenery, ballast, etc.

 

IV. Old Business

  A.     Status of Roundhouse Module

    a.       Wiring is still in progress.

    b.      Scenery is still in progress.

    c.       Diesel House

           i.      Wiring complete

          ii.      Track and Rails leading to the Diesel House is still in progress

           iii.      Need to complete the model of the Diesel House and build a Carry Box

    d.      Future Set-up and Run Session of the Module

          i.      “How To” session requiring all members to attend

1.      When, next business meeting?

 

V. New Business

  A.     Rebuild Entry and Yard Modules

    1.      Jerry described his proposed diagram

      a.       Two Entry Modules to be overall 30” wide x 48” long

      b.      Three Yard modules to be overall 30” wide x 48” long

    2.      Charles made a motion for Jerry to proceed with a $500 budget.

      a.       Bill seconded and the motion was approved by all present.

B.     Future Presentations

    ·        May 2nd 2017, Jerry will do a primer on the Digitrax throttle.

    ·        June 6th 2017, Chip will give a presentation on WWII Armored Trains.

    ·        July 11th 2017, Charles will do a demo on G-scale live steam

 

VI. Club Welfare

  A.     The club had nothing to report.

 

Charles made the motion to end the meeting. It was seconded by Banks and approved by all present. The meeting was adjourned at 6:49pm

 

Respectfully Submitted by

Stephen “Chip” Borona

Secretary PMRC HO Division

 

 

HOME              MINUTES