Pensacola Model Railroad Club

HO Division

 

Minutes of the Business Meeting

of July 7, 2015

 

The business meeting was called to order at 6:31 PM by Vice President Steve Grenot.

Officers attending: Vice President Steve Grenot, Treasurer Bill Little, Secretary Chip Borona.

Members: Jerry Dupont, Banks Edwards, Connor O’Brian, Sean O’Brian and Rick Simmons.

There were no guests in attendance.

 

I. Reading of the Minutes

A. The minutes of the previous meeting June 2nd  were read by Secretary Chip Borona.

a.   The approval of the minutes were moved by Banks, seconded by JerryRick and approved by the membership.

 

II. Treasurer’s Report

A.     The Treasurer’s report was read by Bill Little with a current balance of $485.90

a.       The approval of the report was moved by Banks, seconded by Jerry and approved by the membership.

 

III. Announcements

A.     The next business meeting will be held at 6:30PM at Bill’s Train Shed on Tuesday July 7th 2015.

a.       Members can arrive at 5:30 PM to grill and eat dinner, then to stay after the meeting to run trains.

b.      Bill will leave the gate on the side street open.

B.     The next run sessions will be at:

a.       Bill’s Train Shed, Tuesday July 14th at 6:00 PM.

b.      Bill’s Train Shed, Tuesday July 28th at 6:00 PM.

                                                         i.      Members can arrive at 5:30 PM to grill and eat dinner, before running trains.

                                                       ii.      Bill will leave the gate on the side street open

C.     A Work Party to pull off the Club’s modules and repack the trailer will be conducted on July 14th run session.

 

IV. Old Business

A.     Status of the roundhouse module construction.

a.       Track is continually being laid.

b.      The Diesel Service Building is being worked on by Chip.

c.        The Machine Shop is being worked on by Bill. 

 

B.     All turnouts have been received at a total cost of $466.

C.     The following members attended the Pensacola Interstate Fair Kick-Off Dinner

a.       Bill & his wife, Chip and his wife and Steve went stag.

b.      There was plenty of good food and door prizes.

c.       The evening went until 9:00 pm.

 

V. New Business

A.     Subjects for August meeting

a.       The club unanimously agreed to have Reed provide a presentation of his European Vacation.

 

B.     Train Shows

a.       The following members committed to the Wiregrass Model Railroad Show & Sale at Dothan AL

 

Wiregrass Model Railroad
Show & Sale
 Dothan AL

Member

Fri

Sat

Sun

Reed

X

X

X

Chip

X

X

X

Bill

X

X

 

Steve

X

X

X

Donnie

 

 

 

Jerry

X

X

X

Banks

 

 

 

Connor O'Brien

 

 

 

Sean

 

X

X

Rick

X

X

X

Kerry

 

 

 

Charles

 

 

 

Contact

Steve

Layout Coordinator

Chip

Load Master

Jerry

 

b.      Since the Mobile Train Show and the Flomaton Railroad Junction Day are in conflict for the same weekend, a motion was made by Rick for the Club to attend the Mobile Show. This was seconded by Steve and approved by the membership.

                                                               i.      If Charles is able to provide a 4x8 layout, then he may do the one day event at Flomaton.


 

 

c.       The following members committed to the Mobile Train Show.

 

South West Alabama Railroad Modelers (SWARM)
 Mobile AL

Member

Fri

Sat

Sun

Reed

X

X

X

Chip

X

X

X

Bill

X

X

 

Steve

 

 

 

Donnie

 

 

 

Jerry

X

X

X

Banks

X

 

X

Connor O'Brien

 

 

 

Sean

 

X

X

Rick

 

 

 

Kerry

 

 

 

Charles

 

 

 

Contact

Chip

Layout Coordinator

Chip

Load Master

Jerry

 

d.      Since the Pensacola Interstate Fair is in October, more will be discussed in future meetings.

e.       Chip brought up the idea of a Spring Potluck Picnic for the members and family instead of a yearly Christmas Party. Five members expressed some interest, but would put off discussion until after the New Year.

 

VI. Club Welfare

Nothing to report.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 7:05 PM.

 

Respectfully Submitted by

Stephen “Chip” Borona

Secretary PMRC HO Division

 

HOME        Minutes