Pensacola Model Railroad Club
Minutes of the Business Meeting
of 15 January 2013
I. The business meeting was called to order at 6:37 PM by President Bob Murphy. Members attending: President Bob Murphy, Vice-president Steve Grenot, Treasurer Bill Little, Secretary Reed Ostrander, Members: Chip Borona, Banks Edwards, Joe Garcia, Marion Johnson, Art Sherman; Visitor: Ronald Day.
1. The next run session will be on January 15 at 6:00 PM at Bill Little's.
2. The next meeting will be held at 6:30PM at Trains by Johnson's on February 5, 2012.
3. There will be a work session at NAS on Friday, January 11 at 1:00 PM in building 648.
B. Minutes of the
previous meeting of December 4, 2012 were read by Secretary Reed Ostrander.
1. Steve moved acceptance and was seconded by Banks.
a. The minutes were accepted as written.
C. The treasurer's
report was presented by Bill Little.
1. As of this date there is $1730.63 in the treasury.
2. Bill noted that $40.00 in dues were still outstanding from 2012.
a. Reed moved acceptance and was seconded by Art.
b. The report was accepted as presented.
D. Old Business
1. The status of the new roundhouse was discussed.
a. Chip will check on availability of turntable kits and powering units.
b. Chip also has a write-up for the proposed roundhouse table. He will prepare a cost estimate for construction.
2. The grain module will be repaired by Bob and the additional connecting module will be a farm scene. Chip will donate some structures.
3. Reed will incorporate Duke's module with his mine modules.
4. Banks has the resisters for the track ends in the yard and will install them. He also has the voltage control diodes (snubbers) to place on the Hoffa corner.
These will prevent over-voltage events in conjunction with the yard resisters.
E. New Business
1. Reed moved that all modules have alignment pin holes installed following the existing plan for their placement.
a. The motion was seconded by Art.
b. After discussion the motion passed.
2. The Uptown Station show will be held on April 15 and 16, 2013. The run times will be Saturday 9:00 AM to 6:00PM and Sunday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Set-up will be Friday April 14 at 12:00 PM.
a. These times need verification as they are last year's times.
b. The following members will attend all 3 days:
1) Bob, Reed, Steve, Chip, Bill and Art.
c. Banks will attend Friday and Sunday.
3. Chip proposed staging our own show or getting more involved in shows such as the Flomaton, Century or Atmore shows.
Pensacola is also trying to upgrade city involvement and might be interested in
hosting a show.
4. We could consider attending the Norcross, Georgia show.
5. Might also consider entering the Atlanta, Georgia NMRA National convention in July.
6. Bill will inquire about how long we can stay at NAS.
F. The meeting was
adjourned at 7:46 PM
Respectfully Submitted by D. Reed Ostrander
PMRC HO Division