Pensacola Model Railroad Club
Minutes of the Business Meeting of April 5, 2011
I. The business meeting was called to order at 6:41 PM by President Ron Hartman.
Members attending: President Ron Hartman, Vice-president Steve Grenot, Treasurer Bill Little, Secretary Reed Ostrander,
Members: Chip Borona, Banks Edwards, Bob Murphy, Charles Tucker; Visitor: .
1. The next run sessions will be held on Apr. 19th and 26th, at 6:30PM at Bill and Steveís respectively.
2. The next business meeting will be held at 6:30PM at Trains by Johnson on May 3, 2011.
B. Minutes of the previous meeting of March 1, 2011 were read by Secretary Reed Ostrander.
1. Banks moved acceptance and was seconded by Charles.
a. The minutes were accepted as written.
C. The treasurerís report was presented by Bill Little.
1. As of this date there is $638.23 in the treasury.
a. Reed moved acceptance of the report and was seconded by Bob.
b. The report was accepted as presented.
D. Old Business
1. Show coordinator Reed brought up the Shalimar - Uptown Station show for discussion.
a. The dates for setup will be April 14th 1nd 15th, 1:00 - 6:00pm. Run times will be April 16th and 17th, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Take down will be at 5:00 pm Sunday the 17th.
1) Set up on Thursday: Ron, Reed, Bob and Banks.
2) Set up on Friday: Ron, Reed, Bob. Chip and Steve Late.
3) Take down: Reed, Bob, Chip, Charles. Ron and Dave late.
2. Progress on the clubhouse was discussed.
a. Reed moved that the floor be replaced first using 23/32 in. plywood at $16.97 a 4x8 ft sheet.
1) The motion was seconded by Bob.
2) The motion passed
b. A work session at the clubhouse will be held on Saturday April 30th at 10:00 am to lay the floor.
12 rolls of tar paper and two boxes of 2in dry wall screws will also be needed.
E. New Business
1. Ron noted that the next show will be in September at the Dothan train show. No dates yet.
2. The last show of the year will be the Interstate Fair the last week of October. We will start setting up the Sunday (probably Oct. 15th)
before the show opening which will be on Thursday (probably Oct. 20th). Take down probably on October 30th.
a. Week day runs: 4-10:00pm. Week end runs: 10:00am to 10:00pm.
3. Bob moved that we purchase two Digitrax Power Management Systems, PM42 boards to isolate separate sections of the layout. The cost will be about $160.00.
a. The motion was seconded by Charles.
b. The motion passed. The purchase and installation will be directed by Ron.
F. The meeting was adjourned at 7:59PM.
Respectfully Submitted by D. Reed Ostrander
PMRC HO Division