Pensacola Model Railroad Club
Minutes of the business meeting
of May 4, 2010
I. The business meeting was called to order at 6:34 PM by President Ron Hartman.
Members attending: President Ron Hartman, Vice-president Steve Grenot, Treasurer Dennis McDermott, Secretary Reed Ostrander, Members Chip Borona, Banks Edwards, Marian Johnson, Bill Little, Jackie Nelson.
1. The next run session will be May 18 at 6:30 at Steve’s layout. Pizza will be served.
2. There will be work sessions this Saturday, May 8, at noon and on Tuesday May 11 at noon at Heather’s garage.
B. Minutes of the previous meeting of April 6, 2010 were read by Secretary Reed Ostrander.
1. Banks moved acceptance and was seconded by Dennis.
a. The minutes were accepted as written.
C. The treasurer’s report was presented by Dennis McDermott
1. As of this date there is $1054.49 in the treasury.
2. Remember not to exceed $50.00 petty cash reimbursement. All higher amounts must be presented to and accepted by the HO Club membership to be reimbursed.
a. Reed moved acceptance, seconded by Banks.
b. The report was accepted as presented.
D. Old Business
1. President Ron presented revisions to the Club Constitution and passed at the Executive Board meeting of April 8, 2010.
a. Reed proposed ratification of the changes and was seconded by Bill.
1) Reed noted that these changes had been accepted by the HO Club previously and the action of the Executive Board was in response to the request to consider the changes from the HO Club for overall change to the Club Constitution. The Executive Board did make two small additional changes which Reed pointed out. Copies of the revisions were handed out by Executive Secretary Reed.
2) The changes made by the Executive Board were accepted by the HO Club by open vote of the attending membership.
3) The N Club had previously accepted the changes noted above and therefore the changes are ratified by the Club as a whole and are now part of the Club Constitution.
2. The price for the Anderson plugs for the modules came to 63˘ each which includes one plug case and the a metal wire crimp insert. Typically eight are required for each module table for a total of $5.04 per module table.
a. Ron suggested that the Club accept $5.00 per module table for the set of eight. Since there was no objection, the price per module table will be $5.00 per set. Individual plugs will be 63˘ each.
3. Steve will re-email the pictures so far selected for use as panel art on the Club trailer.
4. Ron requested a show of hands from the members who will attend the Hadji show.
1) Bill - Friday and Saturday
2) Reed, Ron, Dennis, Jackie, Bob - Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
b. Ron pointed out that we will probably have to help the N gaugers manage the show.
c. Dates for the show are Friday, June 13 (setup at 1:00PM), Saturday 9:00am to 5:00PM, Sunday 10:00AM to 4:00PM and take-down at 4:00PM.
E. New Business
1. Reed proposed that we purchase a speedometer for the layout.
a. Dennis seconded the motion.
b. The motion passed after discussion. Reed will purchase the necessary electronic module.
F. The meeting was adjourned at 7:21PM
Respectfully Submitted by D. Reed Ostrander
PMRC HO Division